|Stage Door Productions, Inc.
Our Seventh Annual
ORIGINAL ONE-ACT PLAY FESTIVAL
Prizes will be awarded to winning original one-act play scripts:
Grand prize $150
Second place $100
Third place $50
Guidelines for submission
All submissions must be original, unpublished one-act plays, no more than twenty pages in length.
Submissions must be received via email between August 1, 2013 and November 1, 2013.
1. All scripts must be submitted via email in .pdf format. Submit to SDPoneactfestival@yahoo.com
2. All scripts must include a short biography of the playwright for publication on the website and in programs and publicity materials.
3. All scripts should be typed in 12 point font, Times New Roman.
4. To be read and considered, all scripts must include:
a. A separate title page with author’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
b. A short biography of the playwright (see #2).
c. A cast of characters with descriptions.
d. A brief synopsis of the play.
e. Numbered pages. Numbering should start after all of the introductory information, on the first page of the actual script.
5. Playwrights will be notified via email when their manuscript is received.
6. Playwrights will be notified via email by February 1st, 2014 if their play has been selected to be produced in the Original One Act Festival.
7. Selected plays will be listed on our website, http://www.stagedoorproductions.org
8. All productions and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
9. Stage Door Productions shall have the right to produce the selected scripts without payment of royalties.
10. Production will be at the discretion of Stage Door Productions.
11. Manuscripts will be judged by a panel of readers based on overall concept, dramatic action, characterization, and dialogue.
12. Plays will not be revised by the judges, or receive any analysis or critiques.
13. Only straight plays will be considered. Musical, film, or TV scripts will not be accepted.
14. Our performance space does not allow for elaborate scene changes. It is recommended that plays work within the three walls with minimal set pieces and props. A cast of six characters or fewer with simple costume design is advised.
15. Our theatre reaches a diverse audience, and we are committed to community productions. No scripts which include gratuitous language, nudity, or violence will be considered.
16. Plays will be cast in February of 2014 and the Original One Act Festival will be produced onstage in April 2014.
17. All submissions must be original and unpublished.
Thank you for your interest! We cannot wait to read your work! For more information, find us at http://www.stagedoorproductions.org/Original-One-Act-Festival.html
Your manuscript, in .pdf format, should be emailed to