I just joined this forum and read your post. Are you still looking for a plot? If so, maybe I have one that might interest you.
Several months ago, Apprentice House Press, a university publisher at Loyola University-Maryland, put out my
4th poetry collection entitled "Kinyamaswa: An Epic Poem." The story is about what happened to many of the Rwandan
Hutus who had migrated to the Congo following the 1994 genocide.
It focuses on a group of refugees fleeing through villages and forests while being pursued relentlessly by their enemies.
Alternating between poetry and prose, the story unfolds from the points of view of the group’s nameless commander,
a nurse, a priest, and a hard-line militia leader.
Interspersed with the actual events of the story are short vignettes involving both the main characters and other refugees
and their tragic circumstances: lives, families, and innocence lost in the madness their country descended into.
Even the spiritual world plays a role.
While the story is steeped in the culture of the region, it also has some universal themes as well.
The book has won or placed in several competitions and has gleaned the following positive reviews:
San Francisco Book Review: “*****” “This is the most beautiful story on the topic of war that I’ve read.”
Red City Review: “*****” “This is poetic storytelling at its best.”
The Columbia Review: “With the intensity of a page-turner, the veracity of poetic justice, and the humanity
of an epic struggle between good and evil, ‘Kinyamaswa’ delivers a terrific literary journey. Highly recommended.”
Reader Views: “Impossible to put down once picked up, ‘Kinyamaswa’ is an enthralling epic poem."
The Spark: “Chilling yet accessible and eerily familiar, ‘Kinyamaswa’ is a story of the depths and heights of humanity.”
Literary Classicis: "Kinyamaswa is highly recommended and has earned the Literary Classics Seal of Approval.”
If you are interested, let me know and I can send you a copy of the book or a .pdf file.
Love to provide the libretto. I'm a produced playwright and screenwriter with a reasonably good knowledge of opera. I was recently hired by a producer to write a screenplay about a young opera singer and his challenges.
Here are my bio and credits. Respectfully, I'd only be able to work with you if there is pay.
All the best in any event,
Richard LasserResume – Credits
IMDB links: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1103773/ http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm1103773/
1. 'The Chosen Few', feature-length psychological thriller, produced by I VU Pictures. Writer and Co-Producer
2. “The Counting House”, feature-length psychological horror, produced by RAI Cinema, Italy. Writer. A writer-for-hire project.
3. “The Tricks of Love”, a feature-length romantic comedy by Mutressa Movies. http://www.mutressamovies.com
4. “The Obedient Son”, short, war drama, Liberty Studios.
5. “I Scream”, short, dark comedy. Late Bloomer Films. Writer and Director. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYj-NUo-R8
6. “Walking With the Enemy”, Liberty Studios, Writer
7. “Shift of the Ages” Pqubd Films, Writer
1. Mondo Motion Pictures shooting “The Happy Frenchman” a bittersweet love story. shooting in Paris. 2013. Writer
“The Impeachment Trial of George W. Bush,” San Francisco, May 2008.
Films In Development:
1. “Ivan and Maria”, based on the novel, the story of Ivan the Terrible of Russia. Sindika Productions. http://sindikaproductions.com/. A writer-for-hire project.
2. “Bedroom City”, a writer-for-hire project for DiscoFilm of Germany. http://www.propeller-film.de
3. “The Cellist”, a thriller for Great Falls Moving Pictures. Writer.
4. “Journey to the West” an animated film for JTW CG LLC.
Past Work for Hire Projects:
1. Hired to write "Happy New Year", an action thriller by Garbo Productions.
2. Hired to write "Stepping Out to Vancouver" a buddy road movie, by Blue Moose Productions
3. Hired to write the fantasy thriller, “Sky” by Morgan Street Productions
4. Hired to write the action/thriller, 'Treasure' by an independent producer.
5. Hired to write the character-driven drama, “Bucking Broncos” by PK Productions.
6 Hired to write the thriller, 'Time Bomb' by KS Productions.
Scripts Currently Optioned:
1. “Peacocks”, optioned by Beautiful Calf Productions
2. “The Cellist,” optioned by Great Falls Moving Pictures
1. “The Tricks of a Woman”, Best Picture, Monaco International Film Festival, 2008
2. “The Chosen Few” Award of Excellence-Feature Category, Berkeley Film Festival, 2002; Official Selection Vancouver Island Film Festival, 2002
3. Chesterfield Writers Awards – Semi-Finalist
4. New Century Writers Awards – Finalist for “Young Love”
5. “Bedroom City” Official Selection for IFP Market 2006, No Borders Section.
6. “CGY” Honorable Mention, Canada International Film Festival
Education, Training and Background:
B.A. University of Virginia, Double Major in English Honors and Russian Language and Literature
Postgraduate work, UCLA, Russian Studies
Robert McKee’s Story Structure graduate
John Truby’s Screenwriting graduate
Author of two books, (Great Vegetables From the Great Chefs and Great Desserts From the Great Chefs, for Chronicle Books. (under the pseudonym Baba S. Khalsa), numerous articles for The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Food and Wine Magazine
I am a composer of serious classical music. I'm searching for someone eager to write a libretto for an opera. An understanding and love of opera is a must. I would envision the work to be a chamber opera of about an hour in length and with no more than a few characters. As far as subject matter is concerned, I am open.
Thank you in advance