|Call for NEW PLAYS
Theatre Simpson Festival of Short Plays 2019 – Interfaith and Religious Diversity (New)
Open to all playwrights
Theatre Simpson is sponsoring a new playwriting contest. We are looking for new, short plays with a focus on Interfaith and Religious Diversity for our Festival of Short Plays 2019.
Theatre Simpson annually produces a Festival of Short Plays based around a topic or playwright. This year, and for the second time since 2017, we are focusing on new plays. The festival is a student-produced project developed in the Senior Theatre Seminar course. Working collaboratively, the students will choose the plays, direct, design, and perform.
• Submissions should be 10-30 minutes in length.
• Plays must be original, unpublished, and unproduced. Plays will be accepted that have been work-shopped or had staged readings.
• Uncomplicated set/technical requirements (minimal set changes).
• Small to medium (2-7 actors) cast.
• Plays chosen for inclusion in the Festival will receive a $100 flat fee royalty payment.
Please submit plays to email@example.com by August 15, 2018 in the following format:
• Submitted as a PDF (no hard copies or Word docs, please)
• Page 1: cover page with play title and playwright information
• Page 2: brief synopsis of play (200-word maximum) and cast list that includes each character’s name/age.
• Pages numbered.
Performances: April 12-14, 2019
Location: Barnum Studio Theatre, Blank Performing Arts Center, Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa
If you have any questions about submissions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.