Hi all, I just received this in an email. Mary
The LSU Department of Theatre presents Outworks 2008, a festival of LGBTQ themed one-act plays.
Deadline for Submission: Oct. 15 2007
After two successful Outworks festivals, The LSU Department of Theatre is pleased to announce that we are now accepting submissions for Outworks 2008, a festival of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, or queer (LGBTQ) themed one-act plays.
· Submissions must be the author's own original work. Each entry shall be free from copyright restrictions and the author agrees to hold LSU, its officers, and directors free and harmless from all copyright claims.
· Scripts must be LGBTQ themed.
· Submissions must be one-act plays, ranging from (10) ten to (20) twenty minutes in length.
· There is a limit of two scripts per playwright.
· Entries should be submitted in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Deadline for submission is October 15, 2007.
Submissions will be read and scored by a faculty/student committee. The committee will select between three and six plays. While there will be no monetary compensation for chosen scripts, each play selected will be guaranteed three staged performances. Each playwright will receive an honorarium and a video of his/her production. Playwrights wishing to attend the festival are responsible for all travel expenses.
The LSU Theatre Studio season retains all rights and privileges concerning casting, production, and programming for Outworks. LSU Theatre reserves the right to:
a. Reproduce as many copies of the play as are necessary for distribution to the judges and participants in the production.
b. Videotape the performance for archival purposes.
c. Use the title, author's name and images from the production for publicity purposes related to the Outworks Festival.
The final play list will be announced December 1, 2007.
Please send submissions or inquiries to:
John Fletcher, Ph.D., Outworks Festival Curator
The LSU Theatre Studio Season
The LSU Theatre Studio season, produced by the Louisiana State University Department of theatre, offers audiences an "edgier" theatrical experience. Providing a diverse and exciting schedule, the LSU Theatre Studio Season highlights the tremendous talents of the LSU graduate and undergraduate students (B.A., M.F.A., and Ph.D.) both on and behind the stage.