|6 Women Playwriting Festival 10-minute play contest
The 6 Women Playwriting Festival is looking for ten-minute plays exploring the “beginnings and endings.” This third annual festival will be held April 16-18, 2009, in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
1. Any woman 16 or older can enter. Collaborations are accepted.
2. Play must be unpublished and not previously produced. Original works only.
3. Play content must focus on the subject of “beginnings and endings” and be appropriate for our community and theatre. Authors of the six chosen plays agree their plays will be produced by The 6 Women Playwriting Festival during April 16-18, 2009. Cast will be chosen by the selected directors through an audition process. Playwrights will receive an honorarium of $100.00 and a travel stipend to attend the festival.
4. Play scripts must not exceed ten pages.
5. Scripts should be typewritten on standard paper size, bound with staple only. Pages numbered.
6. Submit three copies with title only. Include one unbound sheet which includes title of play, author’s name and address, email, and phone number. Playwright’s name will not be known to the play-reading panel.
7. Scripts will not be returned to author unless a SASE is provided.
8. Authors may submit no more than two plays.
9. No musicals or children’s plays.
10. Entries are accepted from September 1 to December 1, 2008. Entries postmarked later than December 1, 2008, will not be considered.
Send submission to:
6 Women Playwriting Festival
Pikes Peak Arts Council
PO Box 1073
Colorado Springs, CO 80901