Theatre Roulette is a juried festival
Submissions must arrive no later than November 15th, 2008.
Submissions will be chosen and applicants informed if her/his piece was chosen on January 2nd, 2009.
1) Scripts should be between five minutes and forty-five minutes in length. Scripts of greater lengths will be considered, but due to time constraints it is unlikely that unsolicited full-length plays will be selected for the festival,
2) Due to the number of plays that will be presented each night, an ideal Theatre Roulette script will have minimal set and technical requirements. This does not mean writers should restrict themselves or their imaginations. But be aware that, all things being equal in terms of script quality, the script with fewer or less stringent requirements will probably win the day. PLEASE DO NOT IN ANY WAY THINK THIS MEANS YOU MUST SUBMIT MINIMALIST WORK. Just be aware that you may need to make compromises in order to accommodate all the shows of the festival; welcome to the world of non-profit theatre. MadLab does have video projection capabilities for the run of Theatre Roulette. MadLab cannot, however, guarantee that MadLab staff will be able to edit media for your show.
3) You may submit multiple scripts.
4) Script submissions WILL NOT be returned to the applicant; MadLab will destroy
5) YOU MUST EMAIL YOUR SCRIPT TO US. IF EMAILING IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU, PLEASE CALL 614.221.5418
EMAIL PROTOCOL: Please send your script attached as a Microsoft Word document or as in PDF format. SCRIPTS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO email@example.com. PLEASE PUT "THEATRE ROULETTE SUBMISSION" AS THE SUBJECT LINE. IF "THEATRE ROULETTE SUBMISSION" IS NOT YOUR SUBJECT LINE, YOUR SUBMISSION MAY NOT BE RECEIVED. All submissions will receive a reply email to ensure that your submission was received.
6) If you have any questions, please email them to Managing Director Andy Batt at firstname.lastname@example.org.