- Work must personify the African-American experience of today.
- Only unproduced works will be accepted. Plays that have had staged readings are eligible.
- Legal clearance of ALL materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright.
- No adaptations, musicals, or children's plays.
- Cast size maximum: 8
- Length: 30 minutes maximum, no minimum.
- Settings should be simple or suggested.
- Email script to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playwrights may make multiple submissions. They need not be made under separate cover. Only one play per author will be chosen.
- No contact info on script
- Include a separate title page with contact info (see below)
- Scripts must be sent by May 27, 2011.
- By submitting a play for consideration, playwright agrees that 7th Stage Productions has the right to produce the play with no royalty payment. Playwrights will receive a small stipend.
Submit a cover letter, a synopsis, cast breakdown and a resume along with the play. Cover sheet of play should have title, author, author's address, author's telephone number, and author's email address. There should be no identifying information within the script itself except the title. Scripts will not be returned. Selected plays will be presented for 3 performances.
Do not call or stop by the theatre.
Final selection of plays will be made June 1, 2010.
More info here: http://www.7thstageproductions.org