|View single post by Paddy|
|Posted: Mon Oct 4th, 2021 06:45 am||
|CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS & GUIDELINES
WISCONSIN WRIGHTS 2022 NEW PLAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Forward Theater and Wisconsin Wrights will begin accepting submissions for Forward Theater's 2022 Wisconsin Wrights New Play Development Project on September 1, 2021. Up to three selected playwrights will be given the opportunity to develop their plays with professional directors, and actors. Rehearsals culminate in a public reading during Forward Theater’s 2021-2022 season. Wisconsin Wrights provides an extraordinary opportunity for the expansion and exercise of the playwriting craft, exploration of characters, and constructive critique by caring, invested artists.
The deadline for submissions for Wisconsin Wrights is October 31, 2021 with the selection process taking place from November 2021 through March 2022. Finalists will be announced in April 2022.
WI Wrights Entry Form
WI Wrights Release Agreement
Wisconsin Wrights will accept submissions from current Wisconsin residents only. Two to three finalists will be chosen from these submissions.
Each playwright is limited to ONE script submission per project cycle.
Plays must be new works. Adaptations (or any other use of material protected by copyright) must include proof of rights to use source material. Translations will not be accepted.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Play must be an original full-length work that has not previously been fully produced, whether as a professional or amateur production (this includes fully staged productions in an academic setting). Plays that have had staged readings are eligible. At this time, musicals and screenplays will not be accepted.
2. Scripts should follow the standard professional play format. All scripts must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Save files as AUTHOR LAST NAME - PLAY TITLE.pdf. (For example: BEIBER - An Artist's Life.pdf)
3. All other author information should be listed on the application forms only. No reference to the author is permitted in the body of the manuscript – including on the title page.
4. Submit electronic entries to: WisconsinWrights@forwardtheater.com using the subject line:
"WW Submission – Play Title"
5. Attach the following three items to your submission email:
- a completed WI Wrights Entry Form
- a copy of your signed WI Wrights Release Agreement
- the script.
DEADLINES AND NOTIFICATION
1. We will begin accepting submissions on September 1, 2021. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on October 31, 2021.
2. Wisconsin Wrights New Play Development Project Finalists will be announced by April 30, 2022. The selected playwrights will be notified by email and phone
Please note: In order to receive a Wisconsin Wrights reading by Forward Theater, the playwright must be available to participate in project activities including rehearsals, production meetings, and public readings.
Screening: Each application will be screened for eligibility (a completed application packet, play in the correct format, and signed release form).
First Round: Each script is read and evaluated by at least two first round readers. Based on evaluations, semi-finalists will advance to the final round.
Second Round: The semi-finalists are read and evaluated by the final panel of evaluators. Up to three finalists are chosen for a staged reading by Forward Theater Company.
Feedback: First round readers and second round panel evaluators will provide written feedback on the works that they evaluate. Readers’ names will be removed, and the anonymous feedback will be emailed to playwrights after final selections are announced.
For more information