|FIFTEENTH ANNUAL AERY THEATRE 20/20 PLAY FESTIVAL GUIDELINES
Aery Theatre Company, along with the Philipstown Depot Theatre, is accepting submissions for the 15th Annual Aery Theatre 20/20 One-Act Play Festival. Submissions must
be e-mailed not later than FRIDAY, JULY 2ND, 2021. (E-mailed submissions only.) The
Festival will be held at PHILIPSTOWN DEPOT THEATRE’S 67-SEAT STAGE in
Garrison, NY, the weekends of SEPTEMBER 10-26TH.
The 20/20 has been established to provide audiences with short, quality plays from
promising new playwrights, while offering a professional venue for theatre artists. (This
Festival is made possible, in part, through the Putnam Arts Council’s Arts Link Grant
Program with funds from NYS Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew
Cuomo and the NYS Legislature and with funds from Putnam County. Its grant sponsor is
the Garrison Landing Assoc., and the Philipstown Depot Theatre is Festival co-producer.)
Twenty one-act plays (20 minutes max) will be selected by our panel of judges and will be
presented on one of the first three performance dates, SEPT 10th, 11th, 12th (Fri/Sat evenings
– 8:00PM; Sat/Sun afternoon – 4:00PM). Two plays from each group (plus up to two
“Wild Cards” for the opening weekend) will move into the semi-finals on Fri/Sat, 8:00PM
(SEPT 17th, 18th) of the second weekend. Two shows each will then be chosen from these
semi-final performances for the finals on the following weekend - Sunday afternoon,
4:00PM (SEPT 26th)
. A combination of Judges/Audience voting will determine BEST
PLAY. Awards for BEST DIRECTOR, BEST ACTOR, BEST ACTRESS determined by
Judges voting. CASH AWARDS TOTALING UP TO $750 WILL BE AWARDED.
· Playwrights (or their representatives) are responsible for the production of their plays –
including casting, rehearsals, props, etc., with the theatre providing limited set pieces,
lighting and sound equipment and production staff. (In other words, take in/take out.)
· Submissions must be typed in play-script format and are limited to 20 (numbered) pages in
a 12-point font size. Only plays with running times of 20 minutes or less will be eligible for
prizes. Plays that run beyond 20 minutes, or are presented with significant changes in script
upon presentation, may be subject to disqualification. Submissions must include playwright
contact info on the title page – separate from the script, for purposes of blind judging. (Please
DO NOT include playwright resumes, as these will not enter into consideration.)
· Judging for advancement in the festival is based on audience/panel of judges combination.
· Submissions must be emailed to Plennon122@aol.com by FRIDAY, JULY 2ND, 2021,
along with this signed application as an attachment. Playwright selectees will be notified by
WEDNESDAY, JULY 16TH, 2021. Early submissions may receive early notification.
· A maximum of two submissions per playwright will be accepted. (Please don’t send more.)
· There will be a mandatory pre-production on-line ZOOM meeting for all playwrights or
their representatives sometime during the week of JULY 21st, 2021. (TBA)
· A signed copy of this page must accompany your play to be eligible for consideration.
· Additional inquiries may be made to email@example.com or by phone at (845) 526-2600.
Submit here > https://static1.squarespace.com/static/588c0a98be659421ed613d33/t/60c814b3c96e230284b3d86a/1623725235517/15th+20-20+Guidelines+.pdf